Glassdoor editors and reviewers rate companies on their work experience for employees
Here is the link to the 2013 results
Facebook year after year is in the top ranking and this past year – #1
So why is facebook such a great place to work? I think its starts at the top with their mission statement
Mission: Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected. People use Facebook to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them challenging problems, make a real impact and build something big.
Their value and strategy enables their mission
- Focus on Impact – To have the biggest impact, Facebook focuses on solving the most important problems. It sounds simple, but most companies do this poorly and waste a lot of time. Everyone at Facebook is expected to be good at finding the biggest problems to work on.
- Move Fast – Move fast and break things.” The idea is that if you never break anything, you’re probably not moving fast enough. At Facebook, they are not afraid of making mistakes than we are of losing opportunities
- Be Bold –“The riskiest thing is to take no risks.” In a world that’s changing so quickly, you’re guaranteed to fail if you don’t take any risks. Facebook encourages staff to make bold decisions, even if that means being wrong some of the time.
- Be Open-A more open world is a better world. Informed people make better decisions and have a greater impact, they work hard to make sure everyone at Facebook has access to as much information about the company as possible.
- Build Social Value –Facebook was created to make the world more open and connected, not just to build a company. They expect everyone at Facebook to focus every day on how to build real value for the world in everything they do.
Reading some of the glass door reviews here are some of the statements that out to me on some of the success at the grassroots level
- Working at Facebook means doing what you love. We hire trailblazers, hackers and pioneers. We want people who can solve problems
- People working there feel constantly inspired, art of it is the calibre of talent this creates energy
- A common theme – focus and making an impact infused in their culture, trailblazers make an impact
- benefits – removing stress – food sports, environment, good food, lots of food, lot
- Facebook Lands At No. 22 On Glassdoor’s ‘Top 25 Most Difficult Companies To Interview’ (allfacebook.com)
- The 6 most important things Mark Zuckerberg revealed yesterday (digitaltrends.com)